‘ trading ’

ICE considers bid for LSE; deal would create transatlantic ETF exchange giant

Mar 1st, 2016 | By
ICE considers bid for LSE; deal would create transatlantic ETF exchange giant

Atlanta-headquartered Intercontinental Exchange (ICE), owner of the NYSE Arca, the US’s leading exchange-traded funds market, has put out a statement confirming that it is considering a bid for the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG). The statement follows an announcement last week from LSEG that it was in talks over a merger with Deutsche Boerse. The teaming of the pair would bring together two of the world’s largest exchange groups, and create a major transatlantic player in the ETF market.



ETF trading hubs LSE and Deutsche Boerse confirm merger talks

Feb 23rd, 2016 | By
LSE/Deutsche Börse merger blocked by EU

The London Stock Exchange Group has confirmed that it is in talks with Deutsche Boerse over a potential merger of equals of the two businesses. Should the merger go ahead, both companies will continue to operate under their current brand names, but it would see the LSE holding 45.6% of the merged group and Deutsche Boerse the remaining 54.4%. If the two exchanges were to merge it would see two of the biggest platforms for exchange-traded fund trading in Europe coming together. Germany, Italy and UK currently have the largest and most actively traded ETF markets in Europe. The LSEG already owns Borsa Italiana. The union would also bring together two major index groups, FTSE Russell and STOXX.