ETF Product Development Summit 2016 – London
ETF Product Development Summit 2016
Wednesday 23rd November 2016
08:30 – 16:00 (Full day)
Now in its third year, the ETF Product Development Summit provides delegates with essential coverage and insight of key ETF industry and product development themes. It attracts a sophisticated audience of investment professionals from across the asset management industry, representing potential new entrants to the ETF market, existing issuers and participants in the wider ETF ecosystem.
For fund management companies not yet active in the ETF space, the summit offers a “one stop shop” on how to enter this fast-growing market and provides an opportunity to meet a selection of industry-leading vendors, service providers and market participants who can guide prospective new issuers through the ETF launch process and life-cycle, from product conception and design, through to listing, cross-listing and beyond.
For existing ETF issuers, the summit addresses important industry trends, explores product themes that are primed for development, and assesses the various projects and initiatives that are designed to increase ETF adoption and enhance efficiencies and reduce fragmentation in the ETF ecosystem.
|08:30 – 09:00||Registration and networking|
|09:00 – 09:20||ETFGI
What are the keys to success as an ETF provider?
– Current landscape
– Product trends
– Distribution trends
|09:20 – 09:40||FTSE Russell
Smart beta meets smart sustainability
– Regulatory Drivers of Sustainable Investment
– A Modern Approach to Sustainable Indexing
– Uncovering Hidden Opportunities – The Low Carbon Economy
– Combining Smart Beta with Sustainability – Real World Case Study
|09:40 – 10:00||MSCI
ESG integration for universal owners
– What is ESG?
– What are the key considerations for ESG investing?
– What are the key challenges of ESG integration for asset owners?
– Case study: how to define an ESG influenced policy benchmark?
Head of ESG Thematic Investing,
|10:00 – 10:20||Indxx
– Overview of the thematic ETF space
– Product development process: market mapping, value proposition, concept testing, indexing
– Case study: Indxx Millennials Thematic Index / Global X Millennials Thematic ETF
|Rahul Sen Sharma,
|10:20 – 10:40||ICE Data Services
The impact of evolving fixed income ETF market dynamics on data requirements
An expanding Fixed Income ETF market has implications for:
– Issuers – Fixed Income benchmarking, liquidity information for client reporting, best execution metrics, more scrutiny around publicly available ETF data (INAV)
– Trading desk – sourcing underlying pricing data from multiple sources, accessing reliable reference data
– Index providers – building blocks to create new products
,Director, ETF & Index Services (Europe),ICE Data Services
|10:40 – 11:00||Jane Street
Authorised Participants/Market Makers and their role in the ETF ecosystem
– Relationship between issuer and AP/MM
– A liquidity perspective: an overview of ETF platforms and their set-up efficiency
– ETF product innovations and the challenge of liquidity
– Trends and open questions: MiFID II, smart beta/active ETFs etc.
European ETF Sales & Trading,
|11:00 – 11:25||Refreshment and Networking Break|
|11:25 – 12:05||Panel Discussion
ETF listing and trading
– Industry landscape – Europe and beyond
– Cross listings – Fragmentation and Connection
– Distribution, Trading and Liquidity
– Innovation by Exchanges
|Tara O’Callaghan, Head of Listing, Dillon Eustace (Moderator)
Guy Simpkin, Head of Business Development, Bats Europe
Lida Eslami, Manager, Listed Products, London Stock Exchange
Tom O’Brien, Head of International Sales, Moscow Exchange
|12:05 – 12:25||Tradeweb
Enhancing trading efficiencies in ETFs
Managing Director, Head of the ETF marketplace,
|12:25 – 12:45||Dillon Eustace
Evolving legal & regulatory ETF developments
– UCITS V and remuneration requirements
– Securities Financing Transactions Regulation and requirements in relation to reporting, collateral reuse, transparency and disclosure
– MiFID II Developments in the context of pre and post transparency requirements
– Benchmarks Regulation and its impact if any for ETFs using indices
– Brexit – Will ETFs be impacted?
|12:45 – 13:05||Brown Brothers Harriman
Optimising performance through marginal gains – Securities Lending spotlight
– Operational challenges of managing an ETF
– Increasing transparency
– The evolution of securities lending programs
,VP, European ETF Services,Brown Brothers Harriman
|13:05 – 13:50||Networking lunch|
|13:50 – 14:10||IHS Markit
The European ETFs securities lending report card
Managing Director & Co-head of Delta One and Securities Finance,
|14:10 – 14:30||ETF Securities
Staying focused and efficient in launching ETFs
– Options for asset managers in launching ETFs
– Extending IP and distribution capabilities into an ETF structure
– Case studies on partnering and outsourcing ETF operations
Executive Director – Co-Head of CANVAS
|14:30 – 14:50||Deloitte
Robo-advice: How revolutionary will it be?
– How large could the robo-advice market be?
– What will the next generation of robo look like?
– Who will be the winners?
Partner, Consulting, Financial Services
|14:50 – 15:30||Panel Discussion
– Algorithm-driven vs Discretionary management
– Benchmark vs Outcome
– Start-ups vs Incumbents
– Friend or Foe?
|Anthony Christodoulou, CEO, Robo-Investing (Moderator)
Marco Aboav, Head of Asset Allocation, MoneyFarm
Shaun Port, CIO, Nutmeg
Ella Rabener, CMO, Scalable Capital
Luis Rivera, CEO, ETFmatic
|15:30 – 16:00||Networking drinks|
The event is aimed at senior executives from fund management firms of all stripes and sizes, with particular emphasis on decision-makers in product engineering and development, marketing and distribution, risk management and product control, trading and dealing, and legal and compliance functions. Delegates will come from firms from right across the AUM spectrum, from niche boutiques to bulge-bracket behemoths; from existing ETF issuers to those considering entering the industry for the first time.
The event will be held at etc.venues, 200 Aldersgate, London, EC1A 4HD, a state-of-the-art conference centre located in the heart of the City of London, near St Paul’s Cathedral. Proceedings will take place in the main conference auditorium, with cabaret-style seating for 200 delegates. Sponsors’ exhibition stands will be accommodated in the adjacent galleria, where food and drink will be served during networking intervals.
If you would like to attend, please register at: http://etfproductdevelopment2016.eventbrite.co.uk (free to attend).